Statement by Myanmar National Human Rights Commission on the occasion of the Nationwide Ceasefire Agreement between the Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar and eight Ethnics Armed Organizations
- Myanmar National Human Rights Commission would like to commend and put on record the signing of the Nationwide Ceasefire Agreement between the Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar and eight Ethnic Armed Organizations on 15th October 2015 in Nay Pyi Taw as a historic and monumental event of the State.
- This Agreement goes beyond the Ceasefire Agreement and can be considered as a reward which has fostered trust among the ethnic people that has been missing for a long time.
- The Commission would also like to congratulate the Union Peace-making Central Committee (UPCC), Union Peace-making Working Committee (UPWC), Nationwide Ceasefire Coordination Team (NCCT), Nationwide Ceasefire Negotiation Senior level Delegation (SD), Myanmar Peace Centre and all other groups and individuals for their long years of perseverance and efforts.
- The Commission hopes that the remaining Ethnic Armed Organizations will soon attest their signatures to the Nationwide Ceasefire Agreement for realization of peace in the Union.
- The Myanmar National Human Rights Commission firmly believes that peace to be achieved through participation of all Ethnic Armed Organizations in a Nationwide Ceasefire Agreement will pave the way for a political dialogue that will result in the emergence of a Federal State which we aspire.
Myanmar National Human Rights Commission
Dated- 15 October 2015